Save your hard-earned cash with these tips to relax, bond and simply enjoy what you have to the fullest.
- Take a cue from your horse-enjoy a 20 minute nap in the pasture on a sunny afternoon.
- After a long day at work, just sit in the stall as your horse munches on his hay for 5-10 minutes. This is a great way to wind down.
- Groom your equine partner. Not only is this soothing for him/her, but it gives you a little piece of mind that he/she is pampered.
- Squeezing physical exersize in our schedule can be tough. Halter your horse and go for a walk. Great exersize for us, bonding with the horse and if there is a little grass along the way it becomes a treat!
- Take a leisure trail ride without working on collection, haunch turns or rhythm.
- Plant a small vegetable garden and grow carrots.
- Do you have wild blackberries around your property? Pick a handful to add to the evening feed. I don’t recommend feeding as a treat by hand, you will be stained purple for a week!
- Share you compost manure pile with all of your city friends in need of fertilizer.
This is just a sampling of many ways to enjoy the country life with your horse. To explore your options on becoming a property owner in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, visit my site http://www.HomesWithHorseSense.comI look forward to hearing from you and your horse.